MarketingStrategy.com is a platform for communities to discuss, connect, and share in an open environment, home to some of the most authentic marketing content anywhere online. The nature of this content might be funny, serious, offensive, or anywhere in between. While participating, it’s important to keep in mind this value above all others: show enough respect to others so that we all may continue to enjoy MarketingStrategy.com for what it is.
No posts about the merits of a vendor’s product. A user’s product shall only be mentioned in the context of providing actionable insights to help the next generation. The Marketing Strategy review panel has the right to reject your posts based on it being a ‘commercial’
The Marketing Strategy review panel has the right to reject any submitted content which does not meet the editorial standards of MarketingStrategy.com.
While MarketingStrategy.com generally provides a lot of leeway in what content is acceptable, here are some guidelines for content that is not. Please keep in mind the spirit in which these were written, and know that looking for loopholes is a waste of time.
Content is prohibited if it
• Is illegal
• Is involuntary pornography
• Is sexual or suggestive content involving minors
• Encourages or incites violence
• Threatens, harasses, or bullies or encourages others to do so
• Is personal and confidential information
• Impersonates someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
• Uses MarketingStrategy.com to solicit or facilitate any transaction or gift involving certain goods and
• Is spam
In addition to not submitting unwelcome content, the following behaviors are prohibited on MarketingStrategy.com
• Asking for votes or engaging in vote manipulation
• Breaking MarketingStrategy.com or doing anything that interferes with normal use of MarketingStrategy.com
• Creating multiple accounts to evade punishment or avoid restrictions
Content that contains nudity, pornography, or profanity, which a reasonable viewer may not want to be seen accessing in a public or formal setting such as in a workplace should be tagged as NSFW. This tag can be applied to individual pieces of content or to entire communities.
We have a variety of ways of enforcing our rules, including, but not limited to
• Asking you nicely to knock it off
• Asking you less nicely
• Temporary or permanent suspension of accounts
• Removal of privileges from, or adding restrictions to, accounts
• Adding restrictions to MarketingStrategy.com communities, such as adding NSFW tags.
• Removal of content
• Banning of MarketingStrategy.com communities
Individual communities on MarketingStrategy.com may have their own rules in addition to ours and their own moderators to enforce them. MarketingStrategy.com provides tools to aid moderators, but does not prescribe their usage.